The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the execution of the day to day operational plans set forth by the transportation department, while providing direction and support to dedicated carriers. The supervisor will also communicate and coordinate with other functional areas such as warehouse shipping, receiving, safety, customer service, maintenance and routing in order to handle and resolve any operational issue that may arise during the course of executing the plan.
Benefits from Day !
Great Opportunity with a National Growing Company
70-80K Depending on Experience
We are looking for a Supervisor with CDL Class A Tranportation experience with great Leadership skills!
5-10 Years experience preferred
*Please reply with a current resume for consideration*
- Responsible for ensuring customers are serviced with optimal performance tracking of KPI and metrics to ensure dedicated carriers are providing adequate service
- Responsible for managing controllable costs, including, but not limited to, carrier cost, surge expense, supplemental labor, fuel economy and equipment R&M.
- Provide load statuses and updates to other functions to ensure key businesses partners are informed on the daily execution of the plan.
- Responsible for monitoring yard operations and trailer availability to align with warehouse needs.
- Observe and audit processes to ensure that carriers perform all required activities in a safe, timely and efficient manner. This includes conducting periodic customer visits, driver ride-a-longs, and dispatch office audits.
- Travel Required:Yes
- Warehouse : Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Familiar with DOT rules and regulations
- Special Skills : MS Office; Positive attitude; excellent communication skills; Successful working under pressure; proven leadership and motivational ability; Safety and Quality oriented; Detail oriented a must.
- Physical abilities: :
- Other: :
Years Of Experience
- 5-10Years : Supply Chain or related experience.
Bachelor's Degree - Logistics & Transportation
2nd Shift (United States of America)
GSC Wholesale LLC
About Our Company
Grocers Supply , based in Houston, is the largest wholesale grocery supplier in Texas, supplying over 900 independent grocery stores. Grocers Supply serves customers of all sizes, from single store independent retailers to chains, such as: Fiesta, FoodTown, Market Basket, Cox Foodarama / La Fiesta, Sellers Brothers, Minyard Food Stores, G. E. Foodland, and El Rio Grande.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with GSC Wholesale, LLC. GSC Wholesale, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.