As a Selector , you will work individually selecting full-case grocery, frozen, and/or perishable products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet (are you good at Tetris?), plastic wrap the bundles, transport pallets to shipping dock and in some cases, load them onto a trailer for delivering to customers. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority. Text “CS” to 32543 to learn more about how you can become a part of our legacy.
- Earn $25.50 per hour to start, with earning potential of $33.00 per hour
- 1st shift
- Troutdale, Oregon
C&S Sundial Logistics is our newest distribution center that is easily accessible to I-84 and the scenic Marine Drive. We are located in the heart of the professional industrial area of Troutdale with plenty of well-paved, well-lit parking spaces. Our workforce is quite diverse, which is indicative of our understanding and respect for employees with multicultural backgrounds. Translators are always available and accessible if needed.
Our safety conscious team operates top of the line material handling equipment (MHE), through world class communication technology. Management takes a caring hands-on approach to training and helping to develop our team members for long-term career advancement. If you enjoy being physically challenged and are looking for an opportunity to advance your career, C&S Sundial Logistics will be a great opportunity for you!
You will contribute by:
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards
- Utilize necessary pick sheet or technology (e.g. voice, scanner) to select product.
- Operate double walkie-rider or pallet jack to remove case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet and stick selection labels to the appropriate cases (not in all cases)
- Move pallet on an electric pallet jack or walkie-rider until full or order is complete then transport pallets to shipping dock for delivery to retail stores.
- Use proper wrapping techniques to ensure safety of product to prevent damage and inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or description.
- Write store number on pallets. (not in all cases)
- Use battery hoist and change battery, if necessary
- Keep work area clean
- Complete equipment inspection form
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Travel Required:No
What’s a great way to stay in shape?
Continually Standing, bending, pulling, lifting, pivoting up to 90% of shift
Walking between 6-12 miles per day on various surfaces including concrete, tile, carpet, etc.
Frequently lifting of product weighing between 1 - 60 lbs. or more
Frequent lifting of product ranging from floor to overhead
Possibility of working on multiple levels of varying height
Safe handling of sharp objects including box cutting tools
Your work environment may include:
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
Paid training provided
Weekly Pay on Wednesday
PTO and Holiday Pay offered
Career Progression Opportunities
Opportunity for tuition reimbursement
Affordable Health and Welfare Benefits Package
Employee Assistance Program
Company contribution to pension plan (retirement package)
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Special Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Physical abilities: : Never balancing, sitting. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally smelling, crawling, kneeling, and talking. Occasionally, feeling, fingering, gripping and carrying up to 60 Lbs. Frequently lifting up to 60 Lbs. Continuously stooping, pivoting and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Continuously standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. continuously handling hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Other: : Key Competencies
- (People) •Inspires Trust • Builds upon your Talent • Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) • Drives for Results • Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation • Facilitates Change
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies
1st Shift (United States of America)
Sundial Logistics LLC
About Our Company
Sundial Logistics, LLC, the newest member of the C&S Wholesale family of companies, services over seventy customers, many of which are independent grocery stores and chains across the Pacific Region and Pacific NW. At Sundial Logistics, LLC., We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with Sundial Logistics. Sundial Logistics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.