Keep our communities fed.
Our focus is simple but meaningful, from our distribution centers to our offices — every employee of C&S and their family of companies works to help feed local families, neighbors and communities. As a Selector Trainee, you will work individually selecting full-case grocery, frozen, and/or perishable products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet (are you good at Tetris?), plastic wrap the bundles, transport pallets to shipping dock and in some cases, load them onto a trailer for delivering to customers. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority. Upbeat individuals interested in staying active & fit while earning above-average income are perfect for this role.
Text “CS” to 32543 to learn more about how you can become a part of our legacy.
NEW STARTING RATE - $23.00 per hour, then up to $25.60 with additional incentive earning potential
Production incentives: ability to earn up to an extra $4.00 an hour
Qualified jobs include: Shift differential, Freezer differential, plus premium for skilled jobs.
HIRING NOW for 2nd shift starting at 1:30pm
You will contribute by:
- Picking various items by using order sheets or an audio headset
- Stacking items on a pallet for wrapping and loading at the bay doors
- Ensuring accuracy to orders while adhering to our safety standards
- Operating a double walkie-rider or electric pallet jack to remove cases of products from storage rack & place on pallet and apply selection labels to appropriate cases (not in all cases)
- Utilizing proper wrapping techniques to ensure safety of product to prevent damages
- Informing Supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or description
- Performing equipment inspections & completion of appropriate form
- Frequent safe lifting of varying case weight, shape, and height levels
- Having the ability and willingness to follow all material handling equipment safe operating procedures
What’s a great way to stay in shape?
- Continually Standing, bending, pulling, lifting, pivoting up to 90% of shift
- Walking between 6-12 miles per day on various surfaces including concrete, tile, carpet, etc.
- Frequently lifting of product weighing between 1 - 60 lbs. or more
- Frequent lifting of product ranging from floor to overhead
- Possibility of working on multiple levels of varying height
- Safe handling of sharp objects including box cutting tools
- Paid training provided
- Weekly Pay on Wednesday
- Benefits available from day 1 (medical, dental, vision, company matched 401k)
- PTO and Holiday Pay offered
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Opportunity for tuition reimbursement
- Affordable Health and Welfare Benefits Package
- Employee Discounts / Purchasing programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company contribution to pension plan (retirement package)
Your work environment may include:
- Grocery (dry goods) – about 50°- 90°
- Perishable (Refrigerated) – about 28°- 60°
- Frozen – about -20° - 0°
Every person matters.
We keep our values alive through a culture that embraces differences and ensures that every person matters.
C&S and their Family of Companies are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The Fine Print
This Job advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This job advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of C&S Wholesale Grocers.
Hiring immediately, to apply text “CS” to 32543 OR visit careers.cswg.com
General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies
2nd Shift (United States of America)
Hawaii Logistics LLC
About Our Company
Hawaii Logistics, LLC is one of the largest wholesale grocery suppliers on the West Coast, and is one of many companies within the C&S Family of Companies, the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. At Hawaii Logistics, We Select the Best® & those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with Hawaii Logistics, LLC. Hawaii Logistics, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.